Mount Vernon Nazarene University | Mount Vernon, Ohio
Bachelor of Arts: Graphic Design Major, Marketing Minor
Graduation: May 2019
Cumulative GPA: 3.73
Freelance Work | March 2018–Present
• Trauma Illinois branding
• Duke Logistics branding
• Various flyers/posters (Main Street Mount Vernon, MTVArts, Knox County Agricultural Museum)
• Photography (Portrait, landscape, music)
A Jillian Vance Design | Mount Vernon, Ohio | Founder/Owner, 2010–Present
• Designing stamps and dies for card-making/paper-crafting.
• Customer service through online sales, stamping conventions, and my storefront.
• Marketing & social media management; updating Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and blog with projects and sale information.
• Filming & editing tutorial videos.
• Fulfilling online orders and ship them to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
Black Cat Creative | Mount Vernon, Ohio | Intern, June 2018–August 2018
• Helped director on freelance projects to lighten the workload.
• Kept in contact with clients to ensure they had a positive experience and their needs were met.
• Worked on my own freelance projects.
PMA Industries | Phoenix, Arizona | Intern, May 2018–June 2018
• Prepped product graphics for Amazon.
• Designed stamps and dies.
• Created sample cards for products.
• Pulled products from the warehouse.
Schnormeier Gallery | Mount Vernon, Ohio | Receptionist/Instagram Administrator, May 2017–May 2018
• Prepared the gallery for opening (turned lights on, opened blinds, made sure all electronics were functioning)
• Interacted with guests, answered any questions they had, and engaged in conversation about the art.
• Assisted in setting up for gallery talks/receptions
• Frequently updated the Schnormeier Gallery Instagram feed and story with information about exhibitions, receptions, and artist talks.
• Adobe Creative Suite (Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Lightroom)
• Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms including Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
• Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with both Mac & PC platforms
• Ability to do extensive research to create
concepts that solve given problem, and ability to write and follow
detailed design briefs.
• Basic understanding of HTML/CSS.
• Detail oriented.
• Great communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
Activities & Achievements
Youth Philanthropy Initiative | August 2014–May 2017
• Helped to allocate funds to local organizations in the best interest of the youth of Knox County by analyzing grants and interviewing candidates.
Craft & Hobby Association | 2011–2018
• Education committee member